I never quite understood the phrase, slept like a rock. I know it conjures images of just a lump of mass in one position (unless otherwise moved) just laying there. However, my problem comes in the fact that rock don't sleep. It's not something inanimate objects do. They don't breathe, they don't dance, they don't play, and they don't sleep. That being said...
Kevin tucked me in after I fell asleep watching Lost and he put me in the middle of my bed. Then he left. I could hear him talking to my mom about where we were in the show and what was happening, and I don't remember hearing him leave. I know he did, but I was out before I heard the door close behind him.
I woke up this morning in the exact same spot with my cell phone on my pillow, (Tangent: My cell phone decided to not go off this morning. Do you know what it decided to do instead? It beeped. One time. And that's it. I'm really starting to hate my cell phone. Tangent ended) glasses still on my face, ring on my finger, hair still in ponytail. Ridiculous. That never happens, I'm a tosser and a turner and a I-can-never-find-a-comfortable-position-er. I'm still hoping to grow out of my tossing sprawler reputation before June. But that's beside the point.
This just goes to show that I am so ready for a break from work so that I can catch up on my much missed sleeping. 2 more days!!!
-Ashley
i'm a tosser too. its way hard to stop...so good luck with that! just warn kev....and hit him occasionally for me :) he needs it
ReplyDeleteI used to be a rock sleeper! Waking up in the exact position I fell asleep in. It's kind of bizarre though, you wonder where the night went because it feels like it was only 5 minutes.
ReplyDelete