This weekend was eventful. I'm not going to mention everything, because I want to give Kevin a chance to write about our big purchase, but I'll tell you about our invitations.
Basically, when Jen visited last month we worked everything out as to what the invitations were going to look like, designed them, and then it was just a matter of ordering paper, getting the brads ready, and printing them. I started making the brads yellow with my handy-dandy spray paint, but the printing I was holding off on until I got the backing paper that we had ordered. It finally came and it was time.
We headed to the printer, and that went really smoothly. No major crisis, and then we were all set to go. Very uneventful. You're probably wondering why I'm even blogging about this, and I'll tell you, I don't know. I guess its all just part of the process.
Then, Kevin took about an hour chopping all the paper to the exact measurements it required. After an hour of hunching over the paper cutter his back was pretty messed up. I popped it for him, and it was probably the best back-popping of his life. I think every single vertebrae popped. You should have heard it. It was impressive.
Then Kevin feigned exhaustion and left. Just left. When it was finally time to assemble the invitations he conveniently had a 5:30 morning the next day. A likely excuse. But we managed without him. I still had my mom and my sister. The process began around 11:30 and concluded an hour later with 218 invitations done. We were rather impressed with ourselves and had our bloody fingertips to prove the hard work that planning a wedding really is.
And all that is true. Except for the bloody fingertips. Because red doesn't go with the blue and yellow color scheme. That just wouldn't be acceptable.
-Ashley
P.S.- Actually, me bleeding on the invitations wouldn't have been that big of a deal. Because even though BYU lost, I still bleed blue. And I congratulate them for getting past the first round of the tournament for the first time in 17 years. Go Cougars!
Sure, he takes off while you do the dirty work....
ReplyDeletejust kidding. I can't talk because my sisters will NEVER forgive me for being in Provo while my invitations had to get out, and they had to thread ribbons through each one before putting them all together. Fun times.
I can't wait to see yours!