So, Kevin and I have been called "lovebirds" on a couple of occasions. At first I just thought it was a cute label that they put on us when they see us strolling hand in hand or whatnot. Then I saw on the little Target registry that they say "The lovebirds are registered at Target". Cute, right? So, I put it on our invitations. Today I got curious what a lovebird is exactly, so where else to turn but to wikipedia. These are some warnings about lovebirds.Lovebirds are very vocal birds, making loud, high-pitched noises. Some make noise all day, especially during the first morning hours.
Lovebirds are also very active and love to chew things. When they are flying within a household, it is wise to watch them carefully and protect any furniture, electrical wiring or anything else that they could possibly chew on. Try to place fresh willow or oak branches in a favorite spot (e.g. near a high/sunny platform) to satisfy this natural behavior.
Lovebirds of different species can mate and produce sterile hybrid offspring. These offspring display habits of both parents. It is recommended to only place birds of the same species together, or of the same sex for this reason.
Now, all of a sudden I'm thinking that lovebirds are indecent. How dare they liken us to these loud, active, chewing on things, mating birds that are just together to create offspring! That's not us. We're just cute. That's it. So, here's what I propose. If they are going to call us lovebirds, then we should start acting the part (minus the mating and offspring part). We're going to start chewing on electrical wires and making loud, high-pitched noises at people. That'll show them. Or not.
-Ashley
No comments:
Post a Comment