- went from not knowing what the action part of a sentence is, to every single one being able to identify the "who" and the "ACTION" in the sentence. They loved when I put them as the who and then I had them do the action that was described from playing the drums, to standing up, to skipping around the room. They were having fun and learning at the same time. Fabulous!
- went from not knowing the spelling words, or being shaky on the spelling words to reviewing and then taking the test and 15 out of the 23 getting perfect scores. We're not talking that they missed one and still got an A, over half didn't miss a single thing.
- tried their best in the computer lab and they are making vast improvements and working hard. I love it when they come up at the end and tell me how well they did and how its the best they've ever done. I'm so proud of them.
-Mrs. Tatum
P.S.--For those interested, Kevin did say that I could keep Hitchhiker's Guide. Hooray for husbands!
So you've discovered the magic in teaching. Once you experience that moment it keeps you coming back for more. Look for the magic everyday -- it is there, but sometimes a little harder to find.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Mom. I needed that today. Yikes!
ReplyDelete