Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thursday Blues

You know what the worst thing is? A paper cut.

Well, Ellen would disagree, but I think its one of the worst feelings in the whole world. The simple slice of the skin and the sudden rush of pain. No blood of course, that would make it seem like a plausible injury. But there is a whole lot of pain.

I have been banged up, bruised, sore, and sick the past couple of days. You want a list of my injuries/ailments? I knew that you would.
  • Migraine right before bed on Tuesday that carried through to blinding headache Wednesday and afternoon. The culprit it may have seemed was hunger and dehydration. After feasting and having much drink the headache subsided.
  • Cut toe. I was returning home from mutual last night and I couldn't see anything. Seriously, pitch black. No light whatsoever. And I think I must have kicked a sprinkler head because I had a chipped nail, three sore toes, and a perfect cut across my fourth toe.
  • Sore neck. I can't turn my head to the left. It is severely painful to do so. Kevin tried to massage it, but it was just being stubborn. Its a little better today... sort of. Not really.
  • Paper cuts and scissor cuts. In the past 2 weeks I have cut my thumb on a scissor blade, cut my index finger snipping flower stems, and received countless paper cuts? What the heck paper? You've never hated me before (and scissors too for that matter). Why the sudden lashing out? Its uncalled for and I'd like it to stop.
  • Sore thoats. Every morning this week I have woken up with a dry, scratchy, sore throat. I think its because we have been sleeping with the fan on, but how would you explain the stomachache that accompanies the sore throat. Sure sign toward illness, that's what I say.
So for these reasons I'm exceedingly glad that today is Thursday and that tomorrow I am going to an all day training away from my sweet children. Really, I lucked out and got a fabulous class and I love them to pieces, but I'm also going to love my little weekend (plus Friday) break from them.

-Mrs. Tatum

P.S.- So funny story. Today I was under the delusion that it was actually Friday. The kids were disappointed to hear that we weren't going to computer lab, as we never do on Fridays. They were belligerent until they remembered that it wasn't Friday and that their teacher is a loon who needs a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment