Everything, again, was going smoothly. I got the falafels out and partook of one and made one up for Kevin, I thought they were absolutely delicious (and he agreed)! Kevin got back with the ingredients and he finished up the batter/dough and we popped them in the oven to bake. Here's where the trouble started. I had to go to mutual and I communicated poorly about when the bread needed to come out, I think. I was almost to the church and I remembered the bread in the oven.
I hurried to the church and called Kevin's cell phone probably ever 10 minutes. He wasn't answering. I knew he went to use the internet and I figured he didn't take his phone, but I was freaking out that our apartment was going to burn down and that the bread would be ruined. It turns out the bread was only mostly ruined due to burning, and that our apartment was fine. My heart rate dropped quite a bit when he finally answered and I was able to enjoy the rest of the night laughing with my Beehives, and painting my Prayer Rock.Life is good, even if the bread wasn't.**
-Mrs. Tatum
**The recipe was actually really good and I even had some of the burned bread because it smelled so delicious. You should try the recipe, and just watch the timer.
Both the falafels and the bread look good in the picture. I thought the purpose of a cell phone was so you could carry it with you at all times -- maybe I'm wrong.
ReplyDelete