What the heck happened? I was doing so well, writing everyday. My momentum was built and I was cruising and then, nothing happened to me for a long time. And then things did happen and then it was too many things to catch up on. And then I was a failure. Well, it stops right now. Again. Deja Vu.
Anyway, I've had a busy couple of weeks. Last Thursday I left right after school got out and I headed to the desert of Utah for general Conference, but more importantly (to our family anyway) for my sister's sealing. It was absolutely beautiful. I'm just grateful I made it. Story time!
So I was hanging out in Provo for the day with Cory's family. We went to Lila's preschool picnic, I went to the BYU bookstore, and we were having a grand old time. And then it was time to take the kids to the babysitter's and head to Salt Lake. We left around 5:00, because we didn't have to be at the temple until 6:30. If you know Utah, you know it should take 40ish minutes to get from Provo to Salt Lake. However, we didn't account for the worst traffic I have ever seen outside the Los Angeles area. We were bumper to bumper, not ever going 25mph, for half the trip. We arrived at the temple at 7:03 (the sealing was supposed to start at 7:00) to find everyone waiting for us in the sealing room. It was awkward coming in, but I'm so glad that they waited. That would have ruined the entire trip to have missed it due to traffic.
We hit up the Saturday morning session of general conference, and had some cake and good family times. The girls went out for Ladies Night and we all had a grand old time. Anyway, it was wonderful. The 24 hours in the car almost killed me when combined with the fact that Kevin didn't join us on this adventure because he had a test in one of his classes. We somehow survived our first nights apart since getting married, and we decided we didn't want to take vacations separately again for a long, long time.
-Mrs. Tatum
Just to keep you interested, and me motivated... coming soon, Kevin and Ashley's adventure at the San Jose technology museum. Good times.
No comments:
Post a Comment