Friday, October 22, 2010

Adventures at Quiznos

Today my next-door neighbor at school and I hopped in the car and headed to Quiznos for lunch.  This was an exciting adventure full of heroism and ineptitude.  It started out like any other trip to a sandwich shop (or shoppe as I like to spell it), until the dreaded moment when the lady behind the counter asked if my neighbor wanted everything on it.  Here's how it went.

Neighbor (N)- I'll have the Turkey Pesto*.
Quiznos Lady (QL)- Do you want everything on it?
N- Everything except tomatoes and onions.
QL- You don't want tomatoes and onions?
N- No.
QL- Alright.  (Puts bread with meat on it through the toaster-- 2 minutes elapse)
QL- So, you wanted everything on it, right?
N- Not tomatoes or onions.
QL- Ok.  (Reaches for tomatoes)
N- For the fourth time, no tomatoes! 
QL- (Drops the tomatoes in her guilty incompetent hand)

The lady continues to mix up orders, sandwiches, toppings, etc.  While making my salad, she asked if I wanted tomatoes and lettuce in my salad.  Do I want lettuce in my salad?  Let me think about that for a minute.  Um... yes.  Yes, please.  Yikes!  My neighbor proceeds to ask to speak with a manager after all this debacle and she is told that there is a worker that who is "sort-of the manager"Wow.  That Quiznos had serious problems.

But man, was that sandwich good!
Mrs. Tatum

*Sandwiches name changed to protect the inability for the author to remember the exact sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment