Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tent City

Beautiful apartment? Check
Safe neighborhood? Check
Tennis court and pool on the property? Check
Hidden fees? Check
Sketchy reviews? Check
Unbelievable application? Check
Unbelievable application fees? Check

Kevin has been working tirelessly to try and find us an apartment. He has researched neighborhood locations, things around each apartment, pros and cons, etc. We found a few in our price range and we go and check them out. Inevitably we end up loving them, and then here's the kicker... there's a catch to every single one of them. Why can't there be a place with honest and friendly managment, in a nice neighborhood, for a reasonable price? I don't get it.

I would have given up a while a go and resolved to just live in tent city for a while, but not Kevin. He's a trooper, finding new places and calling them. Finding out utility averages, square footage, and perks as well as drawbacks. I'm so happy that I have him, and that he has taken this upon himself while I'm finishing up the school year. It's really taking a lot of pressure off of me, and I can't even begin to describe how grateful I am for that. I'm hoping that something will just fall into our laps in the next 20 days or so. Otherwise tent city is looking like a nicer place every minute.

Wish us luck! Or if you think luck just won't get the job done, then please start accumulating cardboard boxes that we can start duct taping together to make our new home under the freeway. Or make a donation for us to purchase a van with to live down by the river.

-Ashley

1 comment:

  1. I just got a really excellent LARGE box with my carseat/stroller system. I've been wondering what to do with it, I hate to throw that kind of quality away....

    ReplyDelete