My bridal shower this past weekend showed that. There were probably 20 people there who came to congratulate me, offer advice, and shower me in gifts. I was so excited, scared, but above all just really really nervous for that dang bridal shower! I thought that nobody would come. Then I thought that I wouldn't know anybody there. Then I had envisioned nobody talking to me because I didn't talk to them when I was in their classes at church. Then I thought about the embarrassing gifts that I could have gotten. And how I could have reacted poorly or awkwardly (Let's be honest, awkwardly is more likely). And yadda yadda yadda... you get the point, I was nervous.
But it turns out that I had a blast! The ladies there were so sweet. And Kevin's mom and sister and grandma all came and I was so happy that they were there. And the gifts, oh the gifts! It was amazing. There's another reason to get married. I'm a very blessed girl to have had so many great woman as examples as I was growing up.
So that's the part about people liking me. I realized at church on Sunday that I liked more people than I thought I did while I was making a list of people to have invited to my bachelorette party and I ended up with 30 girls on the list. I didn't know I liked that many people.
Sometimes life unexpectedly wonderful.
-Ashley
No comments:
Post a Comment