Friday, May 21, 2010

Momma!!! Oo oo oo oo...

My mom is amazing! And it really makes me realize how ungrateful I seem sometimes. This morning (and I'm talking really early this morning-- because my mom never sleeps) my mom finished making my temple dress. She has been working tirelessly on this thing for a while. She picked the fabric I wanted, she tweaked patterns to make it appropriate for the temple, every detail of the dress she let me be part of. And then this morning she put the sleeves on and its done (except for hemming it), and I was too busy to try it on.

And then I thought, "Ashley, what the heck is wrong with you? She worked so hard on this. Try it on. Try it on right now. I don't care if you're late." And you know when you tell yourself to be late, that its probably something you need to do. Anyway, the point is that I tried it on and its beautiful. And I'm so excited!

This from the woman who jumped in a pool fully clothed to save me from drowning. This from the woman who slid into home plate on her belly while 8 months pregnant with me. This from the woman who has gone to Japan, Mongolia, and New Zealand on educational grants. This from the woman who always made it to my tennis matches in high school to give me tips and watch me win (and occasionally lose). This from the woman who made me go to piano lessons for 8 years, and I can still sight read pretty good because of it. This from the woman who was my primary president and would never call on me during sharing time because she didn't want to show favoritism. This from the woman who has received awards from the mayor for her recycling endeavors.

Thank you, Mom for being fantastic. For being so self-sacrificing. Thank you for always being there for me. Thank you for supporting me. Thank you for taking so much time to make this gorgeous dress. It's amazing. And you're amazing. And I appreciate it, and you, so much. I love you, Mom.

-Ashley

1 comment:

  1. I really want to see it! I bet it's beautiful. Will you please email me a picture?

    ReplyDelete