Thursday, May 6, 2010

Saving the Earth!

My students are being so cute today! We are talking about being EarthSavers by doing things that help the Earth. The list we read and talked about was this:

1. Don't litter.
2. Ride your bike, walk, or take a bus instead of a car.
3. Hang a bird feeder.
4. Turn off the lights.
5. Turn off the water when you're brushing your teeth.
6. Recycle bottles, cans, glass, and paper.

I decided that it would be nice to clean up the trash that was around the school, since we had a couple of extra minutes. And that way the kids could be EarthSavers. And I told them, "If anyone asks what we're doing, you tell them that 'We're saving the Earth!'". They were so hyped! They could not wait to go and save the Earth. We picked up tons of trash because the school was trashed from the carnival last night. The kids loved it, and I loved doing it with them because every single one felt like a superhero. I should make them capes.

Also, they were practicing writing questions under a certain circumstance. They were imagining that they found a caterpillar and they had to ask me if they could keep in in the class with them. My favorite one was, "Please, beautiful teacher, may I bring my green caterpillar to school with me?" New favorite? I think so.

Sometimes, I just really love being a teacher.

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment