The day got a little rocky from there, but we recovered nicely in the end. After finally finding a parking spot near Pier 39, we ventured out bright-eyed and bushy tailed, and then the dark thing happened. Here's the story. I was going to jump a puddle that was in the way, but being me, it ended tragically. I made it just fine, but I landed on one foot on the slippy mud on the other side. Then still holding Kevin's hand I fell directly onto my knees. The worst part was my pants being so dirty. And that throbbing pain in my knee was pretty bad too. But here are some things we saw.
The pier itself was busy, as always, even on a Tuesday. No, we didn't have Bubba Gump's but we did watch a bit of some guy's magic show that was pretty entertaining. We couldn't find Ghirardelli Square either. But we quickly got over it.
We went to see the sea lions, which we were happy to see that they were back after the newspaper article we read about the sea lions being gone from Pier 39. I bet they came back just to see us.
We went to a park I had read about on the "Best Kept Secrets of San Francisco" website. They looked really neat and they said if you're too loud there's a troll of a lady next door who will yell at you and then call the cops. Well, the slides were closed and the troll never showed. That was kind of disappointing.
We tried just sitting in the slides to see if that would be like the real thing, but it really wasn't as much fun. It was a little fun... but I'm thinking even if the slides were open, I wouldn't have gone on them. They looked a little scary.
So yeah, we pouted for a little while and we were a little teary-eyed. But then we got over it, because we remembered...
We still have each other, and that's the best adventure ever. Cheesy, I know, but oh so true.
Our day was going a little bit cruddy so far, but then we found this trash can which gave us a little hope. So we decided that we would just have fun walking around San Francisco taking pictures together.
So we started out taking classic Ashley pictures, close-ups of flowers, but then we branched out (no pun intended) and really started having a good time.
This was just for fun, and we saw a lot of them, but people sure are proud when they are gay. I would say they might be more proud of their sexual orientation than they are of their country. No American flag, but they're waving that gay flag proudly.
Then we were playing around with the camera and taking some interesting shops. I love the gold banister, and my handsome man in the background. So cute.
Rawr.
Kevin tried his hand at the photography, and I don't think he did too bad. Not bad at all. Then we went to Jen's in San Jose for the night. The girls just love Kevin, some are attached at the hip. Kelsie.
Is that not the cutest thing you've ever seen? Juggling all the luggage and a baby. Precious.
This cute girl was just eating up all the attention we gave her. And the pear slices.
Kevin sharing some Goldfish crackers.
Kevin snitching some Goldfish crackers.
And then a beautiful drive home in the morning. It was a fun trip with many adventures, and we can't wait until our next one. And now I'm going to go munch on some of our FREE Jelly Belly's.
-Ashley
There are three typos. I will let you search them out.
ReplyDeleteIn other news, this was an excellent post and I'm glad you two had so much fun. I can't wait until I get to do the same with my other half.
P.S. Is there a straight pride flag? Is it just one color? Is it white? Or black? Please post any information you can find on the subject.
There were way more that three, but I believe we got them all. Maybe. As per your inquiry in regards to the gay flag, Kevin suggests that their flag be green because black or white would just be plain racist.
ReplyDelete