Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I'll procrastinate later.

Why is it that when there is something that you should be doing, that is the absolute last thing that is appealing. At all. And sometimes, things that aren't necessarily fun are the most accessible, and you're bored, so you do them. How does that work like that?

Take for instance cleaning the bathroom. That is not really something that would top the fun charts. And if someone were to ask me to clean the bathroom, I would more than likely be unwilling to acquiesce their request (it means no). However, if I'm in the middle of my Spring Break and I'm bored just watching TV, I'll think, "You know what sounds fun? Cleaning the bathroom." And I'll get up and go do it. Isn't that weird.

Or now, for example. I have absolutely nothing to do. Except I have some grading I could do. And a little bit of lesson planning for the end of the week. No big deal. And you know what I'm doing? Writing a blog. About nothing. Just to keep myself from doing it.

It really is a self-harming thing though, because eventually I will have to grade these assignments and the longer I let them pile up the longer they will be there. Still waiting for me to do something with them. You know what? I'm going to do it. Right now.

As soon as I read MLIA. And get a snack.
-Ashley

1 comment:

  1. Seriously! I know what you mean. It's like the things you should be getting done are sitting there, taunting you. And you know you would feel better if you just did them, but somehow you find other things to occupy your time.

    ReplyDelete