Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Glaucoma, not for me thanks.

I have a story to tell. I think everyone has a story to tell. Maybe not every story is as interesting as others, but we don't judge them, because they don't like to be judged. But anyway, this story is way better than other people's stories. Because this is my story.

So once upon a time I was hired full time. Along with my own classroom and official "teacher status" came a little thing that I hadn't had in a while, and that thing is called insurance. So with my new found insurance I did something that I hadn't done in 4 years. I had an eye appointment with my trusty optometrist whom I'm extremely loyal to.

Thus ensued the eye appointment. The blowing of puffs of air directly into my eyeballs, the uncomfortably closeness of the optometrist, (he is like the worst offender to my bubble. I wanted to do this to him... stupid close talkers) the shining of the extremely bright light into my eyes, the patronizing tone of the nurse (Now what's the smallest line you can read?)... sounds pretty bad, huh? Well I didn't even mention the forever-long wait.

Anyway, after the annoying and uncomfortable-ness of the appointment I was able to choose some new glasses. The novelty of it all! After 4 years with the glasses I had I was ready for a change. I wanted something softer and more grown-up, but while still giving me a little edge and youth. So these are the glasses I chose. If you hate them, then you should listen to Thumper. If you don't have anything nice to say, then you shouldn't say anything at all.

The important thing is that I can tolerate them, and Kevin loves them. And the fact that they cost me exactly $15.00 for the copay... and nothing else! I love it.

So... what do you think?
-Ashley

4 comments:

  1. Winner winner chicken dinner

    -Shnookums

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. Also, congrats on becoming full-time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the glasses. You look so hot. I didn't think it was possible for you to look hotter, but you do.

    ReplyDelete