As of late Ashley and I have been collecting as much furniture as possible to put into our future apartment. When I say collecting, I mean anything on the street that we see that has potential we grab. So far we have gotten a crappy coffee table, a beat up ugly book case (sides were painted this horrific white and left brown in the middle for reason beyond me), a sweet side table that transforms into a sewing machine (Optimus Prime eat your heart out!), an armoire that is in perfect condition, and last but not least some chest of drawers that I swear I saw on an episode of that 70's show.
Now you may think, "why in the world would you want to collect junk like that?" Well I must say, there is no better feeling than taking a piece of junk, and turning it into a piece of AWESOME! We sanded down the coffee table and stained it this dark brown and took the book case and painted it black. We are thinking of painting the chest of drawers some type of red, in tribute to it's 70's heritage. So to all of you who are looking to get rid of some ugly furniture, be sure to send us a notice so we can fix it up and show you what you could have had if you had just given the hunk of junk some lovin'.
He we have our rockin' coffee table. I believe my ESPN magazines will love their new resting place.
Here is the half finished book case project. We have actually finished it, but I forgot to take a picture. I wish I had pictures of what the first two looked like before we started, but alas I do not.
Dear Kevin, I love this post. I wish I had ugly furniture to paint. I'm sure I will soon. You inspire me.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Rex