If you thought this post would be about my favorite things, then you are wrong. However, if you can picture the scene in which this song is sung (then that is just another reason we are friends), then you can imagine the atmosphere in which I am writing this post.
It's not every day that I feel like a small puppy, Kirk and Friedrich from The Sound of Music, and Helen Hunt (as portrayed in Twister) all in one moment. This storm that is pouring down rain, shaking my portable with the thunder, and threatening the floods to come again is scaring the bejeebus out of me. (Funny aside, I went to spell check the word 'bejeebus' and the third one down was Beelzebub. I think I'm going to start saying that. You scared the Beelzebub out of me... but then that would imply that I am possessed. Maybe that's not such a good one. Aside over.) I wish I had Mary Poppins to sing to me.
I think that there are only 4 logical explanations for this storm in all its magnitude and scariness. 1. The global happenings and naturalness of a storm during this time of the year. After all April showers bring May flowers and Pilgrims (bah dun dun cha!-- those were drums). 2. Obama's administration is causing Heavenly Father to rescind his promise never to flood the earth again. 3. We're just getting a head start for when the world will be ending in 2012. 4. It's Monday, and all things evil and bad happen on Monday's. That's just the way it goes.
On another note, I had a student ask me during class time (By the way, asking if they have any questions, is apparently a rookie mistake. I should be more specific next time. Ask, do you have any questions about how to calm yourself down when someone or something makes you angry. Then I can avoid questions like the one coming up.), if I thought we were all going to die in 2012. Now, if that isn't a good way to calm yourself down then I don't know what is.
Just another typical day.
-Ashley
No comments:
Post a Comment