Friday, February 19, 2010

Naps.

Naps are one of my favorite things. I love to sleep (sometimes) in the middle of the day. And especially during holidays, after a big meal, or just on a lazy Sunday. I used to hate taking naps because I felt like I was missing out on life just sleeping the day away. Now, my opinion has changed. However, my love of napping comes with some restrictions, but first you need to know a secret. BYU has the most luxuriously soft and inviting grass in the entire world. Never before had I seen so many people sleeping in the grass as I have at BYU. I figure an incentive of the soft grass would be the subsiding of the fear that people are going to steal your things once you fall asleep. I was tempted more than once after a long class to catch forty winks in the grass as the radiant sunshine gently warms you on a late spring afternoon, but there was always something stopping me.

I have the greatest difficulty sleeping in front of people that aren't my immediate family, or Kevin. Maybe I'm self-conscience that I'll drool, or shout something in my sleep, or snore or something (Kevin tells me that I've done none of those things, yet). It's petrifying for me, and only the extreme fatigue could make me do differently, to actually conk out in front of someone.

I regret to inform you that it happened. I was fighting it so hard, but I fell asleep today on the way to school. I had that head bob going on and everything. The one where you are not going to fall asleep but somehow your head becomes too heavy to hold up and drops until you muster the strength to catch it at the last minute. You hope nobody saw you, but of course they did and they're just too polite to say anything about it. This is my fear, and it happened. I'm just lucky I wasn't driving!

I know it said this yesterday, but honestly, I'm counting down the hours until I get home this afternoon and can take a wonderful nap in the safety of my solitude in my comfy bed.

8 hours, 45 minutes...
-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment