Monday, February 18, 2008

A Time to Honor Presidents.

Today was President's Day. It was a beautiful day. I didn't have to work. I had things to do (homework, grocery shopping, cleaning). I had my roommates home and could spend time with them. We could have done anything. What did we do you might inquire?

We watched the extended editions of the Lord of the Rings. All of them. One after another. We started at 10:45 am and ended at 10:45 pm. We did take a short break to order and pick up some pizza, but the entire day was spent watching the best trilogy ever made. It was a good day.

I learned some thing watching Lord of the Rings today. They are as follows:
  • Just because somebody dies, that doesn't mean they are "dead" per say.
    • Gandolf a color*.
  • Sometimes pretty people say and do stupid things, but we forgive them because they are pretty.
    • "A diversion." -Legolas
  • The movie is a lot funnier if you think about everything happening in actual time.
    • They made it to Mordor in a record 11 hours.
    • They eat every 20 minutes.
    • When Sam asks Frodo if he remembers the Shire, that was only 9 hours ago, "Of course I remember"- Ruth.
  • Watching the movie with people from the South makes it really funny.
    • "Samwise is like my gay hero." -Steven
  • Hobbits drink and smoke entirely too much.
Anyway, I have work in the morning. On a plus note, I'm starting to finally feel better. Expect for this horrible cough that I have. One day that too will go away... one day...

*Color is subject to change.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is the most amazing post ever. And having been there makes it even better. Wow, that was a really good day!

    ReplyDelete