Monday, February 11, 2008

Demon Child

Today was absolutely the best and worst day of my job so far. The morning was absolute bliss while the afternoon on the other hand was absolutely horrid. All because of the demon child.

The demon child is a 7 year old boy in the first grade who is in Special Ed for no reason other than because he is a behavior issue. Its really sad. We were getting along great and all of a sudden he decided that he hated me. Thats fine, I can be hated, but something that I cannot be is disrespected. Especially by a 7 year old. Anyway, he has adopted a habit of "flopping". If I ask him to do anything (ie. work, test his blood (he's diabetic), breathe) he refuses by shouting "NO!" in my face and then falling down to the closest surface. This can be rather entertaining, but he's troubled so its best not to laugh.

Tangent: He once flopped in the cafeteria during lunch time. I was so embarrased for him, but legally I can't lift him up so I just have to wait until he decides that its a good idea to move... which takes him quite a while. Sadly.

Anyway, today in addition to disregarding everything I said, he also started running away. He ran away from the classroom and from me about 5 times today, which is 5 more than is acceptable. Grr... I talked to him about having the choice of having a good attitude and he said that he can't because he's, and I quote, "not fair"... I'm not sure he understands what that means.

If he doesn't get better soon, I swear... at least I have the summer to look forward to.

1 comment:

  1. give him 5 years and send him my way. i have 10 kids just like him.

    ReplyDelete