Thursday, February 14, 2008

Day of Love

This Valentine's Day reminds me of every other Valentine's Day I've ever experienced. I didn't have a Valentine. Actually, thats not technically true. Last year I did sort of have a Valentine, but I was letting it "fizzle" at that point, and I shortly thereafter broke up with the poor guy. I felt really bad about it, but that timing was off... we are still friends though, so thats good.

Tonight I went to a party to celebrate Single's Awareness Day, as it has come to be termed. It was fun with food, friends, dancing, and So I Married an Axe Murderer. Good times, good times. The only thing that could have made it better would have been for 1. Me to have had a Valentine. 2. Me to have not been on my deathbed. Seriously, I can't think of a time where I have felt this crummy. People keep asking me what I have, but I've never been good at identifying my ailments. My symptoms are: My head feels twice as big as usual and could pop at any moment, I have a horrible cough that isn't satisfied by anything, my nose is running (its more of a jog), and I am permatired. I can't get enough sleep. AND, on top of everything else, I don't even know how to call in sick to work, not that I can... but its nice to have the option.

On a completely unrelated sidenote, I hate it when people use parenthesis that become emoticons with no closing parenthesis. I would demonstrate what I meant, but I would hate myself for doing it, so its a no go.

No comments:

Post a Comment