I have been an experienced blog reader in my time, but I have never had a blog (except of facebook and myspace, but I hardly count those) of my own. Now I do, and I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with it, but I imagine there will be typing and pictures and stories. We'll see what happens. I could become addicted, and its quite possible that I will forget I ever made this and you will never hear from me again. Speaking of which, I don't know how people find out about each others blogs other than by commenting on their blogs, but I don't know if I'll do that. Hmm...
Recently I heard of a talk given by a general authority about spreading the gospel through blogs. I don't know how likely that is that I could have an effect on people by my writing, but if it has a chance, then I'm going to give it to it. Today at church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) we talked about Joseph Smith and the great and marvelous things that he did for this church and how all of it was in accordance to the will of the Lord. It was really powerful singing Praise to the Man, but that is all he was. People think that we worship "Joe Smith", but really we revere him as a prophet and worship Jesus Christ who is at the head of the church. I'm really thankful for the testimony and sacrifice of Joseph Smith. I know that he was a prophet of God and that he restored the true church to the earth. I'm so thankful to be part of this true church and for the blessings it brings to my life.
And now, as I conclude my first post, I will sign off with some lyrics because music really speaks to me, and what better lyrics for a Sunday than church music? None other.
"I stand in holy places
Protected from the storm
Anchored safe in harbor,
Though my sails are ripped and worn
I stand in holy places
and I will not move
until the captain comes
and says well done
He is the hope I hold on to."
No comments:
Post a Comment