Well, we were dead to the world for a little while, but we're back. After having been happily wed for 9 days here are some things I have learned:
1. Using a whiny voice will result in Kevin getting what I wanted. The use of this voice must be carefully used, however, because Kevin has an equally whiny voice that results in me getting him what he wants. Must be used with caution.
2. Sometimes its easier to just say, "Whatever you want sweetheart" instead of actually trying to figure out what he wants, but this is not always the best thing to do. Especially with Kevin, because this always turns into the reverse when he counters, "But I want what you want". Drat!
3. It is extremely difficult to get used to being called a new name, writing a new name, and introducing yourself with a new name. Church was fun in this regard. What's your name? Ashley. Ashley what? Ashley Nim...I mean...Tatum. What is it (confused look like I just escaped some mental institution)? Ashley Tatum. It's new. Don't judge me!
4. Finding a place for everything in your apartment can be a difficult task. Sometimes things don't fit, and that is frustrating, but having a husband who is willing to try to put it somewhere else, even after 15 times, without getting upset is a really handy thing.
5. Being married to your best friend is basically the best thing in the world. Getting to hang out together, running errands, cooking meals, and falling asleep in his arms is what puts a smile on my face constantly. Really constantly, that smile's not fading.
So yes, I could go on and on because this marriage thing is a huge learning experience, but the main thing I love is that there is always someone there to listen to you, to hold you, and to tell you that you're beautiful. I love my man.
-Mrs. Tatum
Since no one else has commented, I guess I will. It is nice to see that you two are playing nice and getting to know each other even better. I read this posting to Jenny yesterday while we were packing.
ReplyDelete