Sunday, June 13, 2010

ZZ Top 3

Lots of craziness and awesomeness has been happening. I'll go back a bit so I can at least summarize the three most significant things.

1. School's out for summer. I had started taking things down off my wall last Thursday. It started slowly with just the borders, butcher paper, and student work. The kids were all very eager to help me with anything, to the point where it was annoying when they would come up and ask, but still, very sweet of them. Then on Tuesday Kevin came and saved the day, getting down the thing I couldn't reach, getting all the staples out, packing things up, and being great with the kids. So that was pretty much that. I finished up all my organizing and inventory, the student's files, and passed back all their work. Thursday came and went with a movie and ice cream party, my kiddles cleaned out their desks and left. Sad. Sweet. There were just too many emotions.

2. I went through the temple. This was quite the experience. I was so overwhelmed by everything, for instance: I felt like the center of attention which I really don't like. I felt like a burden when I was taking forever doing everything and just slowing everything down. I felt like I was failing pop quizzes when I needed to remember things that I couldn't remember. I felt like a disappointment when I didn't have questions the bajillion times they asked me if I had any questions. I felt like an idiot crying my eyes out. But more than anything I felt peace. And that's all I have to say about that.

3. We have moved. Kevin and I finally have an apartment to call home. It only took 2 trips, 1 trailer, 7 guys, and 1 tough girl to get (almost) all our furniture and some of our boxes of stuff. We brought some more of Kevin's stuff and bedsheets so that Kevin can start actually living here. And for funsies Matthew, Kevin's little brother, is going to have a sleepover here with Kevin. Go figure, we finally get an apartment and he spend the first night with his little brother. I'm just jealous. Only 6 more days and it'll be me who gets to spend the night in our apartment. Anyway, pictures to come soon of everything as soon as I get everything cleaned up nice.

Did I mention 6 days yet? 6 days.
-Ashley

P.S.- We just discovered our place has free WiFi, so this is officially the first blog posted from our humble abode. Hooray!

1 comment: