Thursday, October 2, 2008

Long boarding.

A little while ago I saw something that looked like something I would never be able to do because of a lack of certain important elements, but I decided that if I was ever given a chance to learn I would try. Why? Because I love to learn to do new things, even if the potential of death is imminent. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating...

I had a friend offer to teach me how to longboard. I was really really excited, but then I realize (again) that I have terrible balance. I have a hard time just standing, imagine how difficult it might be for me to stand on something that has wheels on it and is moving and I have to stand on just one leg at times. Yikes! So I started to get really nervous, and as it turns out having shaky knees AND bad balance doesn't help. Weird.

I had a fantastic time though. Sure I ran off the board at times to avoid falling and I wasn't stellar at turning, and the board was only headed for traffic once (I probably looked stupid chasing after it...dang). All in all, I count the experience as a success. I'm hoping that I get another chance to go sometime. Next time I'll be better... I hope.

I wish that I had taken pictures, but alas. I probably looked as intense as this guy, except I wasn't wearing Vans and I'm not even close to being that hairy. Also, its easier to ride if the board has the wheels down.

No comments:

Post a Comment