I honestly don't know how many people read this blog. Not that it matters that people I know or don't are reading or not, its more for me than for anyone else, but on the off chance that it does reach more than 2 people...I feel compelling and inspired to write about something that could change the country, and that is something worth knowing.
If you are a resident of California, this coming election holds a Proposition that will have a HUGE effect on your children and your children's children-- that is Proposition 8 to define what marriage is. I am 100% in support of people voting YES on Proposition 8. I firmly believe and testify that marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God. I know that I don't know many things is the vast scope of human knowledge, but I know that fact is true.
The other thing that irks me about this even being an issue is that in the year 2000 California voted that marriage is only accepted as such when it is between a man and a woman. Then, 4 judges voted that the people of California really must not have meant what a majority of them voted for and overturned it. Is that what democracy is? Does MY opinion and MY voice not count, even when it is part of a majority? Especially when it is part of majority. Now, the war wages on to re-define what marriage is.
On November 4th I will be voting YES on Proposition 8. By clicking on the previous link you can learn what Prop 8 is and what consequences it will have on California doesn't pass this initiative. I am encouraging all those who want to define marriage as only between a man and woman to vote likewise. But the first step is being registered to vote. The deadline is October 20th, so hurry people!

I agree. Also, i wrote a comment on another of your posts so i looked like I was the creepy guy, i thought it might be funny. We'll see I guess.
ReplyDeleteWell, I think your blog is awesome and hilarious! also, I didn't realize you were back in cali...are you teaching now? And yes go vote yes on Prop 8 (=
ReplyDeleteP.S. creepy dude has a serious learning disability
I read your blog. Just thought you would like to know....because I have no idea how many read mine either. :)
ReplyDeleteHey honestly i may be against gay marriage, but you have to realize there are some people out there that either dont believe in god or believe in a different one. I dont think its right to tell people how to live there lives. If two guys or two girls get married is that really going to ruin your life.
ReplyDeletepeople please ignorance isn't the key.