Thursday, October 30, 2008

Can life get better?


I submit that it cannot. Here are some things that I've noticed/experienced the past year (call this my birthday montage of thoughts, if you will):

10. Southern California really is as wonderful as everyone says it is. Except for one little tiny thing. Traffic. Traffic is horrible. The worst things since... (is there a thing that is the "worst thing since", I know there's a 'the best thing since sliced bread'... but is there an opposite. whatever its going to be the worst things since [fill in the blank with something awful].)

9. Southern California is extremely sunny. Bring sunglasses if you are to venture that way.

8. Going to see a television show is every bit as exciting as it is made out to be. I think. There is lots of waiting in line and security shtuff, but other than that... I got to see Chris Rock! And Ellen Degeneres! Awesome.

7. Sometimes people surprise you, and you are swept up in the moment. If I have any advice in these types of situations, I would have to say that you should keep calm. That being said (and knowing very well that its impossible), just try to act (and I do mean act because that is what it will be) normal and be yourself.

6. Everybody lies. Thank you Dr. Gregory House, your bitterness and indifference has inspired me to distrust everyone and to be a cynical middle aged man... that got out of hand. I heart House, its my latest craze. I'm at the point where I will watch every single episode I see on TV, but not to the point of buying the DVDs. I think I'm doing alright.

5. Ice cream, while delicious at the time, must be consumed (like everything else) in moderation. Not regarding this will result in tummy aches and thunder thighs. Eventually. Even if you are reading this and have the fastest metabolism this side of the Mississippi, it'll catch up to you in time. Just you wait, (Henry Higgin), just you wait.

4. Halloween is one of the happiest times of the year. Dressing up and stepping away from who you are is so fun, which is why I think that I also like drama. I've learned I have some quirks this Halloween, but that is best left for another blog to describe my quirks.

3. When all else fails, say a prayer. Christ is our elder brother and knows each of us by name. He died for us and has suffered everything that we have suffered, so why don't we confide in him more often. Just like our earthly parents want to hear from us, our Heavenly Father wants to hear from us too. Check in.

2. Even when you think that some friends may have left your life forever, there are ways that they can reappear and it can be awesome. I'm so grateful for good friends that make me laugh, make me smile, and help me find the good in every situation. I hope that I've helped you and even one tenth of what you've helped me.

1. Life is beautiful.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your words of wisdom. I just may have to venture out So. California way....sunshine will be needed in February. Desperately.

    Also, I recently signed up for a sitetracker at Statcounter.com, and it's pretty much the coolest thing ever. You can tell how many people read your blog every day, what links they come from, where they live, etc. Sounds creepy but I just think it's cool. It's my new obsession!

    ReplyDelete
  2. San Francisco, here. Quit hogging all of our sun, we're part of California too you know.

    ReplyDelete