Thursday, October 16, 2008

Family Adventures

The past few days have just been crazy. There is no better word to describe it. Having the family together (except for Curtis and Matt... missed you guys!) was awesome, but it was loud, unorganized, and really really fun.

Geoffrey, Alex, and Samantha. Cute. So very, very cute. My nephews and nieces really are precious. And they are as sweet as they look. Mostly.


Samantha and Lila totally thought that they were sisters. It was adorable. If they ever lost track of where each other went, Lila would say, "Where is my girl?" [insert aww-ing here] Anyway, we totally were in the apron club while we were making dinner. They are good helpers for being so tiny.


That night we had a fire in the backyard complete with s'mores. Delicious. I smelled like campfire and it really made me miss the mountains and the overnight hike at Sequoia Lake. Good times. This picture was one of the few times that I had Lila without also having Sam. They were like two peas in a pod.


Kelsie may not have been able to run around with the other kids, but she was definitely mellow. The little thing reminds me of me, only like... I'm at least... three times bigger.


The next day we went to Woodward Park to feed the ducks. They pretty much attacked us straight out of the car and so as soon as we get rid of the bread we had a little revenge. Alex, Geoffrey, and Samantha chased the Canadian Geese all over the place. If only we could frightens Canadian people so easily. Just kidding, I love Canadians... it's the French that I wish would go away.


Sam got hot while playing at the playground with her cousins. Jenny was quick to react and rolled up her sleeves and tied up her shirt. We then convinced her to pose for the camera and make muscles. This is what she produced. If you ask me, she looks a little embarrassed about her lack of defined abs. Poor girl.



The day wouldn't be complete without me taking a picture of myself.

Anyway, Cory and his family left yesterday and Jenny and her family leave tomorrow. The house will go back to being quiet and I will go back to feeling lonely, but such is life. It was fun to have everyone together. Good times. I love my family and I am so thankful for the influence they have on me and for the examples they are of faithfulness and obedience. That got deep fast. Oops. Sorry.

Ciao--Ashley

2 comments:

  1. You're my favorite sister, Ashford! (Only sister...but hey...it's all good) Love ya sis!

    ReplyDelete