The most fun experience was the staff overnight horseback ride which consisted of leaving after lunch on a 4 hour ride to the campsite where we sent up camp and got some dutch-oven lovin'. To occupy the last hours of daylight we played poker of all sorts and varieties where we bet marshmallows and... I just happened to me the winner. I took all the marshmallow. Lucky for the rest of the staff I'm very generous and shared the only slightly dirty marshmallows so that we could make s'mores.
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Riding on the back of horses...
One of my favorite things to do at the resort was to go horseback riding. Sure, it would have been more enjoyable if we could run the horses or go off the trails or stuff like that, but the horses probably wouldn't have followed the commands anyway... they were stubborn horses like that.
The most fun experience was the staff overnight horseback ride which consisted of leaving after lunch on a 4 hour ride to the campsite where we sent up camp and got some dutch-oven lovin'. To occupy the last hours of daylight we played poker of all sorts and varieties where we bet marshmallows and... I just happened to me the winner. I took all the marshmallow. Lucky for the rest of the staff I'm very generous and shared the only slightly dirty marshmallows so that we could make s'mores.
On the trail. Sometimes its boring and you don't even have to hold the reins. These are the perfect opportunities to use you hands to take picture. Like so.
As it turns out I have quite the poker face. The secret is to hide my face with my cards, ask questions that would be obvious to anyone, and make silly remarks. My secret to success.
The whole crew riding back to the resort before we dismounted and bid our faithful horses farewell. Good ol' Navajo. Slap a hoe?!? Navajo.
The most fun experience was the staff overnight horseback ride which consisted of leaving after lunch on a 4 hour ride to the campsite where we sent up camp and got some dutch-oven lovin'. To occupy the last hours of daylight we played poker of all sorts and varieties where we bet marshmallows and... I just happened to me the winner. I took all the marshmallow. Lucky for the rest of the staff I'm very generous and shared the only slightly dirty marshmallows so that we could make s'mores.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
your title makes no sense. seriously, how can multiple horses share a single back, hmmm?
ReplyDelete