Slowly but surely I'm making my way home. Its been a long time coming, but I'm nearly there.
Pause. Its time to rant about how stupid the government is for not have a consolidated program for teachers. Sure, you went to school for 4 years at an accreditted university. You are really good at what you do. You took a test that says you can teach in Utah. Congratulations. Wait... you want to teach somewhere other than Utah? WHAT!?!?!? Yeah, there's going to be a problem...
I had a really fun summer job working with kids that has turned me off to working with children for a while anyway. At least a job with any responsibility. So I want to substitute in California. The money is decent and it wouldn't be that bad, plus I would stay in practice for teaching. But no, I have to take another test and get a California teaching license. Lame.
Ah well... maybe one day I will teach. Like in October... but what am I going to do until then?
Any suggestions?
"Sure, you went to school for 4 years at an accreditted university. You are really good at what you do. You took a test that says you can teach in Utah. Congratulations."
ReplyDeletenone of this applies to me and i still got a teaching job. =P