Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Comedy or Tragedy?

We watched our new acquisition, Stranger Than Fiction, the other night.  (A must see, by the way)  It's got everything, humor, irony, fabulous writing, and wry wit.  I love it!  So today I wanted to analyze my life.  Am I living a comedy or a tragedy today?


Here's what happened, and how I think its going.  Please feel free to disagree.

-I spent hours making a log to show our vice principal what I can do to help a certain one of my students succeed.  She commented on how this is exactly what she's been saying a log should look like all year (exasperated and relieved that someone was paying attention... she's so great!). -Comedy
-She did, however, only look at the first of the six pages that I had typed. -Tragedy
-I prepared for hours on a specific lesson that I knew was going to be observed, only to realize that I had done one part completely wrong and I didn't notice until she was here.  Hooray for looking stupid!  Bummer. -Tragedy
-I feel terrible today.  That congested, my-head-is-about-to-explode-from-all-this-throbbing, kind of a way.  I could barely walk around (in my heels... I'll explain), speak above a whisper, or tolerate their naughtiness.  -Tragedy
-I apologized to the lady for how naughty my students were being.  She said that they were being really well behaved.  Little does she know...-Comedy
-Tonight is open house for my school from 6:00-7:00.  I left my house when it was dark.  I will be coming home when it is dark.  -Tragedy
-My feet are killing me from these heels that I had to wear.  I, obviously, can't go home to change into something nice, so I wore it to school.  Totally lame.  And my poor little toesies. -Tragedy
-One of my little Hispanic boys was attempting to do a problem and once he saw it he said, "Ah chi mama!".  -Comedy

So far the total is:
Comedy: 3
Tragedy: 5

And it's only 12:00.  Yikes!
-Mrs. Tatum

1 comment:

  1. What a tragedy that you didn't invite Dad and I to your Open House this year. I am SO sad.

    ReplyDelete