Thursday, February 17, 2011

We need name ideas...

We were sitting at home last night, just minding our business and all of a sudden Kevin gets the idea in his head that we need to go down to the Nissan dealership to check out that car again.  The one we checked out last night.  This was an urgent matter because we didn’t want them to think that we had checked out other cars and not found anything better.  He wanted that bargaining chip in his pocket.  All I wanted was potstickers. 

Kevin’s will won out and he set off alone to the dealership.  Why didn’t I go with him?  Like I said, I wanted potstickers.  He was gone thirty minutes.  And then an hour.  And then I hear from him.  He’s test driven a different car.  And he likes it.  And he’s attempting to swindle them.  He’s got them down.  He’s got them on the ropes.  He’s calling to see how much I was willing to spend.  He got his answer.  He called back and asked if it could be a little bit more.  I denied him.  He called back thrice and I talked to the salesman.  (He and I are good friends you know. We go way back.  To yesterday) 

So Kevin tells me the last deal he is going to be offered before they let him walk away.  This is it.  And then he tells me, “I tell you what I decided when I get home.”  How dare he leave me hanging like that.  It’s the ultimate ignored fist-bump.  I’m sitting there.  Not wanting to watch Psych.  Not wanting to read my book.  Not wanting to chew on my nails, but feeling oh so tempted to.  Well anyway, he did it.  He signed for the car. 
We are the proud new owners of a 2008 Nissan Versa.  We think its pretty cute.  Now all we need is a name for the newest member of our family.  Any ideas?

-Mrs. Tatum

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new wheels! It looks cute. We almost bought of those too.

    ReplyDelete