Tuesday, February 15, 2011

All you need is love.

There's nothing like a new template to get you in the mood to blog again. It's so cheery, I just had to write about our latest holiday adventure together.

Yesterday we celebrated our first Valentine's Day as a married couple.  I had the day off so I got up early (but still slept in, if that makes sense) and made Kevin some surprise heart-shaped pancakes and breakfast.  He was a little surprised that I had pried myself out of bed to do that.  Sometime I even surprise myself.

Anyway, I took Kevin to school and then made my way to the thrift store for a little shopping.  I found a couple of cute tops and a couple pairs of jeans.  The only bummer was that there was no dressing room, and the pants don't fit comfortably.  I can squeeze into them, but there is that fear that they are going to split down every seam and leave me exposed... like a couple days ago when I had a huge hole in the bum of my pajama pants and nobody said anything... including my sister.  Awkward. 

Anyway, I'm looking for a new home for the pants because the other prospect is losing weight to fit into them and that just doesn't sound like me.  Then I went to the grocery store to get my hunny-bunny some of his favorite candy before I picked him up from school.  Then the real adventure begins.

We went to.... drumroll please.... Red Robin.  Exhilarating, I know.  We enjoyed our usual meal of bottomless steak fries and a split hamburger.  Sounds cheap, but we also leave full without our wallets being emptied out.  We were planning on going to a movie, but I knew I had work the next day and didn't want to stay up too late.  She we headed home with the idea that we would watch the "greatest love story ever made".  I had Kevin thinking on that one.

We arrived at  home and I used the restroom quickly and I came out to find Kevin looking disgruntled and dejected. On the couch, laying helplessly was The Notebook.  He was convinced that was the movie I was talking about.  After calming Kevin, I had him take a couple more guesses as to what I was thinking (How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, The Wedding Planner, The Princess Bride).  He was stumped and I finally let him have it.  Nacho Libre.  The greatest love story ever made... a nun and a luchador.  How much more romantic can you get? 

Then we hit the hay because that was responsibly thing to do and thereby passed our first Valentine's Day as man and wife.  And I must say, I enjoyed it whole-heartedly.  Especially knowing that I have half a hamburger waiting for me at home.  Ciao!

-Mrs. Tatum

No comments:

Post a Comment