I realized this week (again) that I hate being home alone, especially once it gets dark outside. It's just creepy. Once I start hearing all the little noises, and the shadows start moving it is almost more than I can handle. So, how do I deal with this? I'll tell you.
As soon as I get in the door I lock it. I do this normally, but I'm especially aware of it when I'm by myself. From there I do what any normal person would do, I get on facebook and crank up my favorite tunes. If I can't hear there noises then they aren't there. If I have all the lights on and I'm staring at my computer screen, then I can't see the shadows. Ignorance is bliss.
So I had a bad experience with being alone in my house the last time my parents went out of town. It was probably around midnight and I was freezing cold after having some friends over. After they left I locked the door behind them, turned off the outside light, and got in the shower to warm up. Upon getting out of the shower and ready for bed, I double checked the door (I'm paranoid like that) and the light was on outside. Creeeepy.
So the moral of the story is that Ashley is a pansy, and can't wait to get married so that she won't be alone in her house at night time. I think that would just be better for everyone. Also, these fearful feeling wouldn't happen if my family were here. I miss them. The End.
Movies solve that problem for me... you know, like "The Others."
ReplyDeleteWhen I'm alone I try not to imagine people in dark rooms, yeah, don't do that.
ReplyDelete