Monday, December 8, 2008

Joy in the Journey

Today was an awful day and then I remembered President Monson's talk about finding joy in the journey. And I wanted to see all of my blessings in spite of my "hardships".

I was told that I looked like I was in high school skipping school. I suppose I look young, I'll appreciate this in about 10 years.

I locked my keys in my car. I have a car that I can use.

I substitute taught in a kindergarten class and the some of the kids cried. A lot. Pretty much non-stop crying. Most of the kids were really sweet and they complimented my shoes.

I forgot to pay my credit card bill. Not only does my dad care about me enough to pay it for me when I forget, but I have the money to pay for things.

I had to endure making gingerbread houses out of graham crackers. I got to see my friends and have a good time.

Well, I suppose that day wasn't terrible. It's all about perspective.

3 comments:

  1. Can you still call them gingerbread houses if they are made out of crackers?

    ReplyDelete