Monday, December 15, 2008

Choices are the bane of my existence.

I have a current favorite quote, and these change on almost a daily basis so that doesn't really mean much, but still... it's from Jimmy Buffett and it describes me perfectly.

"I may or may not be indecisive."

Not that I have a lot of decisions to make at the moment, but there certainly have been times in my life where I have been unwilling or unable to make a decision. Why is this so difficult for me? Oh, I don't know... every action has an equal and opposite reaction, no, that's Newton... um but there are consequences to every decision that you make. Even the small mundane things.



Like today, for instance, there is nothing major on my to-do list. And yes, I do have a to-do list. I need to do laundry, clean my room, an go shopping for family home evening tonight. But if I don't do my laundry then I will have nothing to wear... almost, I could wear that sweater and those pants from the 80s, but I choose life... and if I don't clean my room then I could injure more toes that I've been stubbing getting into bed at night, and if I don't go shopping then there will be no hot cocoa after family home evening tonight, and that would be a tragedy.

But yeah. I should go do those things. OR I could type a blog, and watch a movie, and practice my juggling skills, or underwater basket weave... scratch that its too cold and my scuba apparatus is broken.

1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised you don't know you can just wear dirty clothes. How long have we been friends for?

    ReplyDelete