Thursday, September 27, 2012

Thank you, Universe.

I think I discovered the worst feeling at lunch today.  I went to the local grocery story deli to get a sandwich and some chips.  Thinking I would beat the system, I had planned on purchasing a soda in the 35 cent machine outside.  So I get the sandwich and chips and head that direction.  I put in my quarter.  I put in my dime.  Pushed the root beer button.  Nothing. NOTHING!  I tried other varieties that wouldn't tickle my fancy as much, but would still provide that crisp, cool, bubbly refresher.  Nothing. In defeat, I finally pushed the coin return. And it did return... just my dime.

That machine ate my quarter.  I can't believe how disheartening that is.  In my logical mind I know it's just a quarter.  Twenty-five measly cents.  But still, I felt robbed.  I called Kevin and told him, and he shared in my feelings of being thieved. And then, the Universe intervened.  Not an hour later, I found a quarter.  And all was right in the world again.

Thank you, Universe. Thank you.
-Mrs. Tatum

No comments:

Post a Comment