Saturday, July 16, 2011

Girl's Camp 2011

I was able to spend a week up at Girl's Camp this year.  I had a blast spending time and laughing with the girls, getting burned beyond recognition, rappelling, playing a few harmless pranks, and getting to know the leaders. On the second day of camp we went on a 5 mile hike uphill.  I have my doubts as to whether or not it was actually 5 miles, it felt more like 5 to get there. And then there was the 5 miles back. Either way, it was grueling but we made it!

Our cabin showing our muscles.
 I learned a lot of new songs and was touched by the Spirit through the music, devotionals given by the senior YCL's, and the devotionals given by our junior YCL's in our cabin.  The girls have beautiful testimonies that I was blessed to hear and to feel.  They all have such bright futures and wonderful aspirations.  I enjoyed every minute.

My friend Sarah and me... and apparently Natalie.  Notice the sunburn.  Ouch!
 We did a couple of service projects while we were at camp.  One was building a trail up to this gorgeous waterfall that is running full because of all the snow melt. I love waterfall and was so happy to see one so close to camp and to marvel at it and all the other creations of our Heavenly Father.

Some Riverview Ward girls at the waterfall.
I had a great week, besides missing Kevin so much, and I really hope I'm invited back next year to be part of another year of Girl's Camp.  There's really nothing like it in the world.

-Mrs. Tatum

1 comment:

  1. Looks SO FUN!!! I have lots of great memories of my days as a Girls Camp camper and Leader :-)

    ReplyDelete