We celebrated our first anniversary this year the day before our anniversary. Nobody tells you this, but if you get married on a Saturday then your anniversary is going to be on Sunday. Maybe nobody should have had to tell me that, but I still feel wronged. Oh well. Like I said, we celebrated on Saturday by finally going to eat at the Smuggler's Inn. It sounded kind of fancy and Kevin wanted a steak, so this was his opportunity.
 |
| My stud muffin outside the restaurant. |
We got there around 4:30 hoping to beat the dinner rush. Little did we know that the restaurant closes after lunch and doesn't open again for dinner until 5:00. So we enjoyed each others company in the car. We were going to walk around Manchester mall until we remembered that Manchester mall is the worst mall ever. So be waited out the 30 minutes together.
 |
| Still happily in love 364 days later. |
Remember that rush I mentioned earlier? Yeah, doesn't exist. This place (apparently) never has more than a few people in it. While we were eating there was one other family in there and us. It was a little awkward how prompt and serviceable our waiter was. He was constantly refilling our water, bringing us bread, and checking on us. Great service, but (as Kevin remarked) how hard is it to be a great waiter when you are only taking care of 2 people. Good point. Kevin got his steak and a baked potato and I got a turkey club sandwich. Delicious.
 |
| Gotta Have It sized stuffed into a Love It. |
Then we headed over to Coldstone. I was pleasantly surprised. Not only do I love an ice cream treat, but this was super romantic because this is where we went on our "first date". Anyway, we must have gotten the noob because he made way too much ice cream (Oreo filling ice cream with oreos) and then shoved it all into the smaller cup. Awesome!
 |
| The remnant of our wedding cake. |
We went home and opened our presents from each other and watched Stardust. The next morning, my man made me breakfast in bed. We remembered our wedding cake in the freezer and ate it. It was way more sugary than I remember, so Kevin ate most of it. But still delicious. All in all it was a wonderful anniversary with a wonderful man and I'm looking forward to many more to come.
-Mrs. Tatum
Sounds like a great anniversary -- even if you did celebrate early. Glad you liked Smugglers -- perhaps it's their name that keeps people away.
ReplyDeleteStardust is the best!! And I've always thought that birthdays should last a week, so shouldn't anniversaries too??
ReplyDelete