If there is one thing that I don't like, that thing would have to be feeling helpless. When I'm incapable to doing anything, cornered, trapped, unable to continue on. Its bad when you yourself feel helpless in your own situation, its ten times worse when you're feeling it for your spouse.
My husband is sick. Really sick. And its horrible. I hate to see him writhing in pain on the couch. I hate not being about to cuddle with him. I hate when he retches because I know how much it hurts. I hate when I come home and see him in the same state I left him in. I hate calling him and hearing his sad, hurting voice on the other end. But mostly, I hate not being able to cure him, to take away the pain.
I can make him more comfortable. I can get him things (but he doesn't want anything). But beyond that, nothing. Absolutely nothing. And its horrible.
Here's hoping to a quick recovery, for Kevin's and for my sake.
-Mrs. Tatum
No comments:
Post a Comment