Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Isn't it about... time? (Part Deux)

 I think its just amazing how a family can grow together and mature. I've been thinking about this a lot recently. How is it that we can be one entity, and then so willingly open arms to new members.  And I think the only way this is possible is through the bonds of love.  My family means the world to me.  We are so closely knit and there is such love abounding from everyone.  

Here's the original bunch of us.  Pretty sad and pathetic now that I look at it.  Just kidding.  We are a fine looking crew, but we just needed a few more people... and we could still use a few more. coughJaredandCurtiscough

There we go, that's better.  you wouldn't think that the addition of three marriages and six children would make that big of a difference, did you?  Cory added Suzanne to our family on June 19, 1998 (Yes, we have the same anniversary. No, we didn't plan it that way).  They then brought four beautiful children into the world who are the brightest, funniest, most creative kids you'll ever meet.  And Jenny brought Matt into the family on October 2, 2004.  They have the two sweetest girls this side of the Mississippi and I love them to death.

 I wish my family lived closer together so I could see them all more often. I miss the bonfires.  I miss the s'mores.  I miss Kelsie saying awkward things, and Kevin laughing and laughing.  I miss the home movies from this generation and our generation.  I miss quoting Kids in the Hall together.  Shelley Long, that's that chick's name, Shelley Long.  I miss jumping on the trampoline.  I miss camping.  I miss cross-country car trips sleeping the drive away in the back of the truck.  I miss Mom's hippie dress.

 But I love all the new memories that we are making together.  When we were dating, Kevin would always say how he loved my family because they loved him.  And they still do, but I'll always love him more.  I love the way he treats everyone, he is always so kind and conscientious.  I love the way he wakes up before me, and then wakes me up. I love the way he takes care of me when I'm sick.  I love the way he pouts when I tease him.  I love how he is so willing to do anything for me.  I love the way he loves my our family, and he's my everything.

1 comment:

  1. This was a great blog! Sometimes I worry that I did something wrong that our family is not closer, but since you think that we are "closely knit" I feel like a much better mom. Just so you know, I am willing you my hippie dress so you can wear it for your children as well.

    We are very glad that you brought Kevin into our family. We do love him for all the same reasons and especially since he loves our baby so much and makes you so happy.

    ReplyDelete