Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I'm sorry

I don't like to offend people in the blogosphere, it's not my intent, and I don't like doing it. But every time I hear this song on the radio I want to gouge out my eyes. If I had to choose between listening to this song and jumping off a very tall building onto train tracks covered in spikes where a train is coming, I would choose the latter (not really, I don't have a death wish). But seriously, I can't change the station fast enough. I almost swerved into another car while attempting to change the station, it's a hazard to play it on the radio, really.



So if you can attempt to tell me why this song doesn't blow, or you want to pledge your allegiance with my hating it... leave a comment and let me know. And again, sorry if you love it... I don't mean to offend.

6 comments:

  1. I'm not offended in the least, everyone has different opinions on music.

    I like the song because it's different, mostly. It's clean and whimsical (I just used the word whimsical!) and I find the lyrics quite clever.

    Other than that, nothing extraordinary to recommend it. Especially if it gets OVERPLAYED like all the dang Fray songs. Gah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You DONT mean to offend? When has this ever been less accurate? Ashley, you crush my hopes and dreams. Sure, the lyrics don't make any sense, and sure, it's just like some dude playing on Fruity Loops, but the darn thing is catchy! (Run-on sentence anyone?)
    I pledge my allegiance to Owl City's fun song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, Rex.. sort of. I say offensive things all the time, however I almost never mean them. People should just ignore me instead of taking offense. Like last night when I told you that your departure to Utah couldn't come son enough. Totally didn't mean it. I'm going to miss you when you're gone. Who else could I have an entire conversation in Old English like speech with? I can't think of anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Rachel, yes, it is whimsical. But extremely overplayed. And it hurts my heart, and ears.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you hate it sooo much, why did you put a link to it on your blog? You spent the time looking for this song, which would imply that you spent time listening to several copies of this song looking for the one to link into your page. I think behind your disgust for this song you are intrigued and actually kinda like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spent time looking for the link so that everyone could understand how annoying this song is... I sacrificed for the greater blog. And the only way that remotely resembles me liking this song is how much I like to hate it.

    ReplyDelete