Saturday, December 5, 2009

"Waffles Guide Me on my Righteous Quest"

So this post was going to be about how the students I substitute teach normally hate me. I had a couple of reasons why in mind (they call me Mrs. Nightmare, I punish them for telling me the way things normally go, they cheer when they see their teacher coming back in, etc.) but I wanted a whole list. I typed in a search on Yahoo! for "you know you're a bad substitute when" and the number one result was from Yahoo! Answers where people can type in a question and other people can answer it. This was the question:

What to do when you like a substitute teacher?
I'm 16 and this sub is 23. I'm starting to like him, but I shouldn't. I know that already, but I know it's just those little girl crushes. The thing is my friend's getting mad at me liking him. She says I should like guy's my age, but it's really hard. The thing is too is that I know I'm not gonna end up with this guy, but you know it's just those petty crushes. Then again I'm not too sure what to do. HELP!

Most of the answer were pretty mundane with things about knowing how the person feels, ignore your feelings, find someone your ago to have a crush on, he could get fired, etc. But then there was this answer, which will probably help guide the rest of my life. (Excuse the typos, I left them there in the name of journalistic integrity)

This is a very womanly question. If you dont think it's going to work, why the hell are you bothering to ask this question? But at the very least you walk up to him with a platee of piping hot waffles and tell him you have a crush on him. It'll make a good story for him tell to the other classes he has later.
Source(s):
Waffles guide me on my righteous quest

So there you have it. If I ever need to tell someone something important from now on, I'm going to break the news with a 'platee of piping hot waffles', it'll be fool-proof.




1 comment:

  1. Quests get a little more righteous when waffles are involved.

    ReplyDelete