Friday, July 31, 2009

Some things that are weird (inspired by Britton Kowalk):

1. Toddlers and Tiaras: As a joke I made my boyfriend watch it with me. I felt really bad after 5 minutes and stopped it soon thereafter with a vow never to make him watch it again, and for myself never to watch it. Kevin said it, "It's a show for pedophiles." Yeah, it was creepy. And annoying. And I just felt bad for the parents and the kids. Very depressing.

2. Best Buy's new slogan: "Buyer Be Happy" Um... does anybody else think that sounds like Buy or be happy. So... what they're telling me... probably subliminally... is that if I buy their products then I won't be happy. Why would I shop there then? Best to stay clear-- since I value my happiness.

3. This.


4 comments:

  1. That is so awesome.. Buy or Be Happy. Someone should have vetted that one better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made it through the entire 3:04 of that starwars mosquito defense system video. all I can say is...wow. maybe that's what happened to your pet cat, Charlie, when you were a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh come on, making kids look and act like adults is the exact opposite of what pedophiles want. Just kidding, it does seem a little creepy.

    ReplyDelete