Friday, July 24, 2009

Fantastic!!!

The first thing that happened to me recently that was trouble until it turned into something awesome was my computer turning from this
to this. I picked up a couple of trojan horse viruses on the internet somehow. But thanks to the amazing AVG and my luck my computer seems to be all better. I can open programs and everything. It's like... how it was before.


I got to go up to Sequoia Lake yesterday and and see everyone that is still working up at youth camp. I saw Ker Plunk, Nature Hannah the Nomad, Bat, Smalls, E.T., Spy, Hobbit, Manga, Swatch, Callie, Beamer, and met a few new people that were simply amazing. It made me miss the "camp scene" and all the jokes, campfire songs, skits, but mostly the lake and the trees. While we were there I got to watch a Sorting Hat ceremony (Slytherin!), watch an epic showdown of colored team doing challanges in the meadow (the best part being the slip and slide and watching the children getting hurt. Not hurt, hurt... just poined a little. I blame the "slip and slide", it was a tarp. 'Nuff said), and some intersting skits. Yellow sun! Burn! Oh Moses...



And the last recent happening (yes, its been 3 weeks since we got back, but lets just ignore that for now), was the week I spent in Vegas with my family and Kevin. We hit up everything from the lions at the MGM, CBS Television City (cha-ching), the fountains at the Bellagio (and also the giant chocolate fountain and the conservatory), Hard Rock Cafe, the shops and Fall of Atlantis in Caesar's Palace, lots and lots of swimming, and an adventure at Red Rock National Conservation Area. I loved spending time with my neices and nephews (and brother and sisters) except when they were playing Monkeyball on the Wii... then I would have rather been sleeping. And I could have done without all the hooker catalouges and billboards. And that headache that plagued me for a day and a half. But all in all it was a good, good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment