Not me, that's for sure. Quirkiness... hmm... definitely not one of my defining attributes. Ok, so I have a few quirks. Thanks Hacksaw for the tag, it gives me something to blog about. And I found out that I'm indomitable, who knew? Ok, here are the quirks already-- in no particular order.
2.When I am getting into bed at night I have this thing where I can't just get into bed, I literally have to hop into bed. As in jump. I attribute this to the fact that growing up I was convinced that there was some kind of monster under my bed/ slow moving bugs that couldn't gnaw off my feet if I got into the safety of the bed quickly. This quirk was especially difficult in college when my bed was propped up with cinder blocks to about 4 feet off the ground. I'm happy to report that it's easier now.
3. When I am eating a meal I will generally always eat the things that I hate first. Always. I figure that not only "save the best for last" applies here, but also that when I finish I want the best taste to resonate in my mouth longest. Also, if I am having things that I haven't tried before at the particular establishment, I will try everything and then decide which I like best and save that to devour at the end. Weird, I know.
4. Going along with the food thing (I could have an entire list of quirks completely dedicated to food, but I figure that at this time 2/6 of the quirks dedicated to food would be sufficient), I don't like my food to touch each other and violate the taste by mixing food. Yes, I realize that all the food will mix together in my stomach... I try not to think about that though. Meanwhile, this quirk allows me to eat less by not filling my plate--gotta have the buffer zone.
5a. I do my make-up in the exact same order every single day. Now, is this a quirk or does this just make me boring? I don't know the answer to that.
5b. The same applies with what I do on the internet. I now relay to you my "checking in the internet". Open Firefox. Open Yahoo. Check e-mail by deleting spam messages, deleting notifying messages, and then reading e-mails. Move the kept e-mails into their appropriate folders. Sign Out. Open Facebook. Check profile. Check status updates. Check updated profiles. Read the news feed. Comment where appropriate. Log out. Check blog. Read friends updated blogs. Close Firefox. Sometimes I get a little crazy and check some other websites like LameSpace, the news, or tv. I need some variety in my life.
5c. Also, I watch an episode of Arrested Development every night right before I fall asleep. I'm working my way backwards from the beginning of the show. I think it makes me have more pleasant dreams.
6. Grammatical and spelling errors really bother me, I think more than the average person. Except for that you probably didn't know that because most of the time I keep it to myself because I don't want to be that person. So just know that when you make a mistake I'm thinking, "That is totally wrong." But all you'll see is my smile. Lucky you.
3. When I am eating a meal I will generally always eat the things that I hate first. Always. I figure that not only "save the best for last" applies here, but also that when I finish I want the best taste to resonate in my mouth longest. Also, if I am having things that I haven't tried before at the particular establishment, I will try everything and then decide which I like best and save that to devour at the end. Weird, I know.
4. Going along with the food thing (I could have an entire list of quirks completely dedicated to food, but I figure that at this time 2/6 of the quirks dedicated to food would be sufficient), I don't like my food to touch each other and violate the taste by mixing food. Yes, I realize that all the food will mix together in my stomach... I try not to think about that though. Meanwhile, this quirk allows me to eat less by not filling my plate--gotta have the buffer zone.
5a. I do my make-up in the exact same order every single day. Now, is this a quirk or does this just make me boring? I don't know the answer to that.
5b. The same applies with what I do on the internet. I now relay to you my "checking in the internet". Open Firefox. Open Yahoo. Check e-mail by deleting spam messages, deleting notifying messages, and then reading e-mails. Move the kept e-mails into their appropriate folders. Sign Out. Open Facebook. Check profile. Check status updates. Check updated profiles. Read the news feed. Comment where appropriate. Log out. Check blog. Read friends updated blogs. Close Firefox. Sometimes I get a little crazy and check some other websites like LameSpace, the news, or tv. I need some variety in my life.
5c. Also, I watch an episode of Arrested Development every night right before I fall asleep. I'm working my way backwards from the beginning of the show. I think it makes me have more pleasant dreams.
6. Grammatical and spelling errors really bother me, I think more than the average person. Except for that you probably didn't know that because most of the time I keep it to myself because I don't want to be that person. So just know that when you make a mistake I'm thinking, "That is totally wrong." But all you'll see is my smile. Lucky you.
Alright, I'm going to TAG Annie, Britton, Gabe, Jenny, Kathryn, and Sara. And yes, those are in alphabetical order. That may or may not be another quirk.
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about six quirks you have, only 6!
4. Tag six fellow bloggers to do the same.
5. Leave a comment to let them know.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about six quirks you have, only 6!
4. Tag six fellow bloggers to do the same.
5. Leave a comment to let them know.
You are about as weird as I expected, take that as you will. My sister has the same quirk about the buffer zones, maybe you got that from her at Thanksgiving that time.
ReplyDeleteI love this!!! I'll write mine soon. Since I'm limited to ONLY 6 quirks I'll have to nail it down...ha!
ReplyDelete