Tuesday, March 13, 2012

From Pismo to Morro Bay

Kevin jumping for joy.  Minus the fact that I was making him jump. 
 It's been quite a while, and I thought that I could play a little catch up.  I have a problem with multiple events and holidays happening in one post, so I'm going to try to start at the present and work backwards.  Alright, here we go.  Please expect the following:

1. Lots of pictures.
2. Limited wit.
3. Some captions and a few stories.

Any questions?  Alright, here we go.

Me, actually jumping for joy.  We made it out of Fresno for the first time in months. MONTHS!
This weekend we went on an adventure with my parents dad.  We thought this adventure would include my mother but as it turns out she was just along for the drive.  We missed her, but still had a fabulous time!

This was a fearless seagull.  I was literally a foot away and this guy wasn't budging.

The last time I had used my camera was to take pictures for our grade's fundraiser of having a photobooth.  Not much to look at.  But I was able to bust out the old point-and-shoot and use the fabulous lighting to try to capture a few moments.

 I missed my camera. 
Kevin even tried to dig for crabs.  I'm a little happy he didn't find any.  Pinchers, you know.
 On Sunday morning we went to the beach early (I mean early after you account for daylight savings that morning) to try to find some seashells.  We found way more than that.  We found a couple of sand dollars (some still alive and wiggling... ew) and little lobster/crayfish looking things.  They were creepy.  Kevin set about trying to save as many creature as he could by throwing them back in the water away from those devilish seagulls looking for a quick meal. 

It reminded me of that starfish poem.  It mattered to that one... he's such a sweetheart.

My papa with his sand dollars.  The ones that didn't wiggle. Those were the good ones.

 It was difficult to leave the coast.  We stayed with a friend of my mom's in her, what may as well have been, a model home. It was really beautiful and we had a great time relaxing.  Kevin getting to sleep in, the beautiful weather, time with my papa, and exploring the little towns and villages.  And the slurpee.  That was a good slurpee.

My hubby and my papa.
It was a lovely trip.  This picture was my favorite.  My dad and Kevin were just caught up taking and examining the sea creatures and completely left me behind.  At least they didn't notice me taking pictures.  I swear, these two men are the least camera friendly. My dad even told me I had a one picture limit.  Oh well! 

Until next time,
Mrs. Tatum

1 comment:

  1. Oh how fun! I'm slightly jealous. I miss living near the beach. But I'm so happy that you got to go. It's nice to get away.

    ReplyDelete