1. Uggs. I thoroughly and whole-heartedly believe that their name is an otomatepia of how everyone should feel about that. "What are you wearing on your feet?" "Don't ask, uggs." The worst fad I saw for a little while was the uggs with shorts. Really, if you feet are cold enough that you need to wear a fuzzy boot, how are the rest of your legs not cold? Are you impervious to the cold from your mid-calf to you thighs? Weird.

2. Leggings with a miniskirt. This is probably just annoying because I would see it at BYU all the time. No, I regret to inform you my freshman friend, that your miniskirt is not ok. Yes, I realize that you are wearing leggings, but guess what. This (arm movements toward leggings) isn't helping this (arm movements toward miniskirt). I think this one is pretty much out of style. Case closed. Personally, I'm not going to miss it.

3. Leg warmers and most other 80's paraphernalia. The 80's are gone my friends. No longer is it acceptable to wear side ponytails. No longer should shirts tied and bunched. Long ago is the time for leg warmers. Say goodbye to hammer pants (not that I've ever actually seem someone wear hammer pants, but that's hardly the point). Yikes. Welcome to 2009 everyone, it is the year of change and progress. Lets just let the 80's go, and move on to bigger and better things.
*No offense to any of my friends who ever participated in any of these trends. I'm certain you just didn't know any better. You were young and impressionable, I still love you for you.
Some things just don't go out of style, the '80's are some of those things. I can avoid the tags because I already have bad luck, death, and a zombie stalker. Life is good. Sorta, except for those things I just said.
ReplyDeleteYou are my hero! I agree with 100% of what you said, therefore I posted a link to this post on one of my blogs. Hope you don't mind.
ReplyDeleteAshley, you are a hero to the human race. I have made it my life goal to destroy leggings. So thank you. Thank you so much.
ReplyDeleteI agree 10000000000% with Matt and Britton's comments. Die 80s fashion die!!!
ReplyDelete