Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Kids say (and write) the funniest things!

Evidence of this is produced everyday in my line of work.  Here are just a few example from yesterday.

1. While taking a writing test, the students had to look at a picture and write a description of what was happening, using as much detail as possible.  This is something they do all the time in their English Language Development classes, practicing with different verb tenses.  Here is the picture and my favorite detailed and descriptive sentence. 

 
The boys have balls.

2. I had a few extra minutes, and I wanted to inspire a creative mindset before going outside to use sidewalk chalk.  I showed them a few masterpieces of a sidewalk chalk artist.  I told them before showing them the pictures that these were all done on sidewalks like you would walk on outside.  Some might look like they are deep, or that something is coming out of them, but they are still flat.  Then they saw this one, and this is what one very concerned student shouted from the front row.  

 "Be careful, or you will fall to your death!"

3. While supervising my class at PE, three of my girls came up asking me how old I am.  I asked them to guess because I've gotten everything from 12 to 100.  Today was no exception.  The first guess was 30.  Then 40.  Then 50.  You can see the pattern.  They got all the way to "one-hundrety thousand" before I set them going the other way.  Yikes.  So here is a math equation to figuring out how old I am.  They really must see me like that...

+   =
                                                      

So how old do I really look?
 -Mrs. Tatum

2 comments:

  1. Kids are hilarious ... and they have NO concept of the age/looks ratio. I think you look young, personally. I'm saying 21.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised you didn't post a picture of me to illustrate the "older" look since you may tend to morph into me (sorry, but it is genetics). That is a pretty scary thought!

    ReplyDelete